Jo joined the RZSS in 2000 as an animal keeper. After specialising in birds she became Animal Registrar in 2007, with responsibility for the animal records database. This is still a part of her day to day work, but through this, an interest in population management developed and she is now responsible for one European Endangered Species Breeding Programme and one European Studbook and is Penguin TAG vice-chair on behalf of RZSS and EAZA.
Jo's research is pertinent to the successful management of RZSS studbook populations.
- M.Sc. (University of Edinburgh, UK) Applied Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare
- M.A. (Cambridge University, UK)
- EEP coordinator for the Red-fronted macaw (Ara rubrogenys)
- ESB studbook keeper for the Gentoo penguin (Pygoscelis papua)
- Core group member: BIAZA Records group
- EAZA Penguin TAG vice-chair
THE ROYAL ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF SCOTLANDSign into our Members Portal here
RZSS appoints new CEO
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) has appointed David Field as the wildlife conservation charity’s new chief executive.
Travel to the wilds of Uganda with Dr Helen Senn
This October, join is for the trip of a lifetime to see giraffes and chimpanzees in the wild.