- Giant panda conservation China & UK
- Pine hoverfly restoration RZSS Edinburgh Zoo
- Pallas's cat research Iran, Nepal, Mongolia and Kazakhstan
- Budongo Conservation Field Station Budongo Forest, Uganda
- Partula snail conservation RZSS Edinburgh Zoo & French Polynesia
- Arid-land conservation genetics
- Genetic support for conservation breeding and reintroduction
- Scottish Wildcats Scotland, UK
- On-site biodiversity RZSS Edinburgh Zoo & Highland Wildlife Park
- Sun bears
- Amur leopards
THE ROYAL ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF SCOTLANDSign into our Members Portal here
Beavers in the frame
Following decades of work, beavers officially became a European Protected Species (EPS) in Scotland on 1 May. This is a highly significant milestone for all involved and represents a huge amount of work from conservation organisations, volunteers, Scottish Natural Heritage and others.
Saving Endangered Species - The value of collaboration, conservation breeding and having a very good plan
What role do zoos really play in saving threatened wildlife? As extinction rebellion gains traction in the media and the recent IPBES report highlights that human actions have already driven at least 680 vertebrate species to extinction since the year 1500, it’s clear that the global decline in biodiversity is more relevant than ever before.