- Giant panda conservation China & UK
- Pine hoverfly restoration RZSS Edinburgh Zoo
- Pallas's cat research Iran, Nepal, Mongolia and Kazakhstan
- Budongo Conservation Field Station Budongo Forest, Uganda
- Partula snail conservation RZSS Edinburgh Zoo & French Polynesia
- Arid-land conservation genetics
- Genetic support for conservation breeding and reintroduction
- Scottish Wildcats Scotland, UK
- On-site biodiversity RZSS Edinburgh Zoo & Highland Wildlife Park
- Sun bears
THE ROYAL ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF SCOTLANDSign into our Members Portal here
The trials and tribulations of identifying rhino parents
The RZSS WildGenes Lab has been working in collaboration with the Institute of Biodiversity Animal Health and Comparative Medicine at the University of Glasgow on a project that aims to inform the conservation of Botswanan Rhinos. Tarid Purisotayo, a PhD student working on the project, is here to share the story so far.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2020 - Jenny Kaden and Dr Kara Dicks
Jenny, senior laboratory technician, and Kara, research scientist, are members of the RZSS WildGenes team and are based at Edinburgh Zoo. The combination of their roles is instrumental to the incredible output from the WildGenes lab; Jenny processes the samples as they come into the lab and Kara analyses that data and translates the findings so they can be put into action.