Age suitability: Nursery
Availability: Edinburgh Zoo & Highland Wildlife Park
Length of lesson: Up to 2 hours
Maximum Class Size: 20
- To know some features of a tiger eg. stripes, they are a cat etc.
- To know where tigers live in the wild.
- To know what tigers eat.
- To understand that living things are different from each other and live in different ways.
- To know some tiger threats in the wild.
Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes:
- SCN 0-01a ‘I have observed living things in the environment over time and am becoming aware of how they depend on each other.’
- SCN 0-03a ‘...can name basic plant parts...’ EXA 0-12a ‘I have the freedom to choose and explore how I can use my voice, movement, and expression in role play and drama.’
- MNU 0-20b ‘I can match objects, and sort using … others' criteria, sharing my ideas with others.’