The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) are seeking a Membership and Adoption Team Leader to coordinate and motivate a team of staff to provide an excellent member or adopter experience, whilst generating income deliver 5-star experience for our members and animal adopters. This is an exciting opportunity to further your career with one of Scotland’s leading education and conservation charities based at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo.
What you’ll be doing…
The Membership and Adoption Team are responsible for providing a 5-star experience for our members and adopters, throughout their membership or adoption journey. Essentially, as Team Leader, you can expect to:
- Oversee and co-ordinate all day to day membership activity which impacts on the member experience, with responsibility for processing and tracking membership and adoption data, coordinating membership and adoption communications and sales and acting as a key contact for the membership team.
- Manage, motivate, develop and review team members. This involves creating staff rotas, acting as a first point of call for all departmental administration and sales staff, and dealing with any issues as they arise.
- build positive and proactive relations with colleagues in other departments between both parks, to ensure the best possible member/adopter experience.
This is a full-time permanent position where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week and may include occasional weekend or evening working.
What you’ll need…
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative professional who understands and can deliver a 5-star members and adopters experience. You should be a team player who is highly organised and who can prioritise work to deadlines and maintain high levels of accuracy under pressure. If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Good achievement at Higher grade level (including English and Mathematics)
- Relevant qualification or experience in office administration skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Precise numerical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Confident user of system databases, CRM systems or web portals.
- Experience of providing first class customer service and service, including resolving customer queries.
- Experience within a busy office environment.
Please note that an offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, right to work in the UK and Basic Disclosure Scotland check prior to commencement.
What you’ll get in return…
We also look after our people just as much as we look after our animals and visitors. As well as the fundamental benefits like salary and a Work Place pension, we offer other rewards that can help you financially, can make work a bit easier and make life outside of work a lot more fun! For example, 34 days annual leave allowance, life assurance, friends and family discounts, Employee Assistance Programme and free access to a whole host of other Scottish attractions with our ASVA (Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions) passes.
We offer more than everyday job satisfaction - as well as our wonderful animals we have a highly professional, diverse and friendly staff community too. So, in working for RZSS you've not only got a great job in a very interesting organisation - you're also part of an amazing cause too!
To apply, please complete a RZSS application form and recruitment monitoring form and email it to email@example.com . Postal applications may also be sent to: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, Edinburgh Zoo, HR Team, 134 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh, EH12 6TS.
Closing date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Due to the level of interest in these positions, we are not able to contact each unsuccessful applicant individually. Therefore, if you have not been contacted by within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Connecting people with nature. Safeguarding species from extinction. We are the Royal Zoological Society for Scotland (RZSS), and for over 100 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity as well as an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction. We’ve been a charity since our founding in 1909 and maintain a keen commercial edge to ensure a sustainable, bright and exciting future. Through our two sites, RZSS Edinburgh Zoo and RZSS Highland Wildlife Park, we provide unique and memorable experiences and engage over 750,000 visitors per year in the wonders of the natural world, taking care of over 1,000 rare and endangered animals in safe and stimulating surroundings. The RZSS strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Charity SC004064.