The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) are seeking a Visitor Experience Team Leader & Duty Manager to coordinate and motivate a team of up to 20 staff to deliver 5-star experience for our visitors. This is an exciting opportunity to further your career with one of Scotland’s leading education and conservation charities for the Summer season based at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo.
What you’ll be doing…
The Visitor Experience team are responsible for providing a 5-star experience for our visitors, from the initial welcome at the car park entrance and members gate entrance through to coordinating visitor activities and running our Zoo transport systems. Essentially, as Team Leader & Duty Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the visitor experience team at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo – including car park and access, complying with processes, as well as co-ordination and management of any site visitor vehicle/s, visitor transport systems within the site, member’s gate and the Land Train.
- Co-ordinating all day to day site activity which impacts on the visitor experience, with responsibility for the monitoring of park-wide presentation – reporting issues as and when required.
- Developing and maintaining a supportive and dynamic first-class sales and service culture amongst the team, focusing on delivering a 5-star sales and service experience to all visitors.
- Manage, motivate, develop and review team members, following good management practice and working within HR policy guidelines, so their performance meets or exceeds the agreed performance standards.
This is a full-time position where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week and includes regular weekend working and duty management responsibilities.
What you’ll need…
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative professional who understands and can deliver 5-star customer service. You should be a team player who is highly organised and who can prioritise work to deadlines and maintain high levels of accuracy under pressure. If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Good achievement at Higher grade level (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Equality regulations.
- Good understanding and ability to engage with visitors.
- Accurate numerical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Significant experience of team leading in a customer service environment.
- Providing first-class customer care and service, including resolving customer queries.
- Experience of working in a similar visitor attraction environment.
What you’ll get in return…
We offer more than everyday job satisfaction - as well as our wonderful animals we have a highly professional, diverse and friendly staff community too. So, in working for RZSS you've not only got a great job in a very interesting organisation - you're also part of an amazing cause too!
To apply, please complete a RZSS application form and recruitment monitoring form and email it to email@example.com. Postal applications may also be sent to: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, Edinburgh Zoo, HR Team, 134 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh, EH12 6TS.
Closing date: 15th September 2019 and interviews will take place on either the 26th or 27th September 2019.
Due to the level of interest in these positions, we are not able to contact each unsuccessful applicant individually. Therefore, if you have not been contacted by Friday 20th September, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Connecting people with nature. Safeguarding species from extinction. We are the Royal Zoological Society for Scotland (RZSS), and for over 100 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity as well as an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction. We’ve been a charity since our founding in 1909 and maintain a keen commercial edge to ensure a sustainable, bright and exciting future. Through our two sites, RZSS Edinburgh Zoo and RZSS Highland Wildlife Park, we provide unique and memorable experiences and engage over 750,000 visitors per year in the wonders of the natural world, taking care of over 1,000 rare and endangered animals in safe and stimulating surroundings. The RZSS strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Charity SC004064.