Please bear in mind that all visitors are subject to restrictions for their particular circumstances. We do have one-way systems in effect, areas that require the wearing of masks and there may be some queuing at particular animal enclosures.
On Arrival at Edinburgh Zoo
- Buses should park in the main Zoo car park, behind the Holiday Inn. This is free of charge and the driver is allowed free entry to the Zoo.
- Please enter the Zoo via the main entrance.
- Please allow adequate time (approx 10 min) for the walk up to the Education Centre. As bookings are often full, please note that classes cannot be extended beyond the allocated time.
- You can collect a copy of the free Zoo map (including the what's on guide) on arrival at the main entrance.
- Please ensure that the entire class arrives at the bottom of the ramp at the Education Centre just before your session start time, send one teacher to report to the Education Centre reception desk.
- Your education officer will then collect the group from the bottom of the ramp outside the Education Centre.
On Arrival at the Highland Wildlife Park
- Please enter the Park via the main entrance.
- Buses should park in the main coach park. This is free of charge and the driver is allowed free entry to the Park.
- You will have been given a meeting point and time for your Education session, please ensure the entire group is there at the allotted time. As bookings are often full, please note that classes cannot be extended beyond the allocated time.
- You can collect a copy of the free Park map on arrival at the main entrance.
In the Zoo/Park
- Please ensure the pupils wear suitable clothing.
- A quiet, orderly approach to viewing the animals is essential.
- Toilets are located throughout the zoo/park.
- Look out for talks, films and presentations happening during your visit! All are listed on the what's on guide section of the map.
- Any of the picnic areas around the Zoo/Park can be used by groups. Some of these at Edinburgh Zoo are covered in case of rain – please refer to your map.
Rainy Day Plan at Edinburgh Zoo
- There are 11 indoor animal housing areas and 6 sheltered observation areas to ensure that even on a rainy day, a trip to the Zoo is an enthralling experience.
- There is a wet weather route shown on the Zoo map
- First Aid is available please ask a member of staff.