Age suitability: All
Availability: Edinburgh Zoo, Highland Wildlife Park
Length of lesson: 40 minutes
Maximum Class Size: Walkabout - 20, Bus tour (only available at Highland Wildlife Park) - seating capacity
Join one of our Education Officers on a tour of some of RZSS' favourite residents. This session can be run as a general introduction to RZSS, its animals and the work that is carried out or the tour can be themed to suit a topic of your choice. At the Highland Wildlife Park the tour can be an Education Officer on board your bus as it goes through the drive-through enclosures.
- Appreciation of different types of animals.
- Appreciation of the fact that animals can be endangered and knowledge of the work that zoos and each of us can do to help protect them.
- Additional learning objectives may be added depending on whether there is a specific theme.
Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes:
- HWB 0-48a ‘I recognise that we have similarities and differences but are all unique.’
- SOC 0-17a ‘I make decisions and take responsibility in my everyday experiences and play, showing consideration for others.’
- SOC 0-08a ‘I explore and appreciate the wonder of nature within different environments and have played a part in caring for the environment.’