We care for our people just as much as we look after our animals and visitors. As well as the fundamental benefits like salary and a Work Place pension, we offer other rewards that can help you financially, can make work a bit easier and make life outside of work a lot more fun!
Not only do we have competitive salaries we also offer the following fantastic benefits to all our employees:
- Pension - RZSS will automatically enrol employees into a workplace pension (subject to qualifying conditions).
- Free/discounted Access - You will receive a staff membership which will give you (and family/friends) free (and discounted) entry to both Edinburgh Zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park as well as a number of other Zoo’s across the UK.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Professional, confidential advice, counselling and support is there for you and your family if you’re feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope.
- Occupational Health - Your health and wellbeing really matter to us, so we’ve got access to a great occupational health team to look after you if required.
- Annual Leave - RZSS offers 34 holidays per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro-rated for part-time).
- Special Leave - We understand that sometimes people might need some extra time off work. The RZSS recognises this and caters for a variety of circumstances including career break, carers leave, compassionate and bereavement leave and time off for public duties.
- Professional Qualifications - For example, we sponsor our trainee animal keepers through the Diploma in Management of Zoo and Aquariums Animals (DMZAA).
- Professional Subscriptions - We believe in your continuous professional development and pay for your annual subscriptions for relevant professional bodies, e.g. CIPD.
- Learning & Development - We invest in your learning and development with training programmes, courses and conferences.
- Free Car parking - Whilst at work you can park your car free of charge at the on-site car park.
Plus a few more benefits but you’ll need to join us to find out!