Age suitability: All
Availability: Edinburgh Zoo
Length of lesson: 50 minutes
Maximum Class Size: We would recommend small groups, no more than 10
Join one of our Education Officers in our immersive classroom, where there are games, stories and films. This session can be run as a general introduction to RZSS, its animals and the work that is carried out or the room can be used for a sensory space/calm space for individuals who may need a break from the Zoo.
The Education Officer can also bring along some of our unique animal objects so the group can get hands on for a better understanding of animals.
- Appreciation of different types of animals.
- Appreciation of the fact that animals can be endangered and knowledge of the work that zoos and each of us can do to help protect them.
- Additional learning objectives may be added depending on whether there is a specific theme.
Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes:
- HWB 0-48a ‘I recognise that we have similarities and differences but are all unique.’
- SOC 0-17a ‘I make decisions and take responsibility in my everyday experiences and play, showing consideration for others.’
- SOC 0-08a ‘I explore and appreciate the wonder of nature within different environments and have played a part in caring for the environment.’
- SCN 2-01a ‘I can identify and classify examples of living things, past and present, to help me appreciate their diversity. I can relate physical and behavioural characteristics to their survival or extinction.’